Sunday, November 11, 2007

Deer? There aint no deer here!


Well, the hunting season is over, and no luck. Imagine that, the greatest hunters who ever lived, struck out! Always next year. I cant tell you how many times I've said that. Maybe there will be no next year....This year we can blame the snow, or the lack of 4-wheel drive, or getting stuck first thing opening morning. We can also thank the weather that we went to the cabin and hung out in luxury while the storm raged on. A great bonding time with my son Mike. He is an awesome lad to come with me and participate in an exercise (literally) that he is not as fond of as I. We did have a blast running around in the snow storm on the Yamaha even if the snow blinded us...There is no way to explain the joy, comfort, peace etc. that comes from being in a storm in the wilds and have a companion with you. Its like feeling this invisible sheild against the powers of nature - protected. Therefor we laughed in the face of danger and never gave it a moments thought. Of course, having 2 high-powered 7mm rifles does tend to bring a sense of comfort as well...

3 comments:

Missouri Jacobsons said...

Wish I was there! Would have definitely helped your chances of getting something (since I am the succesful one in this fam) ha ha

Anonymous said...

Uncle Mark, It is great to read your blog. I wish you guy's would dust off your bows again and come hunt with us. Reading your story about the snowstorm reminded me of the time I went up with you guys and got lost. I finally met up with you guy's 3 hours after I was supposed to. That was a fun hunt, hopefully we can work it out and hunt with you guy's again!

Melissa and Mike said...

You so need to add something to your blog! Do you realize it's been so long that you could do another post of your hunting experiences?!! Although I hear you haven't even gotten a license for anything...not going this year, that doesn't sound right?